Clyde-Savannah CSD School 2020 Reopening Plan
Posting Date July 31, 2020
The Clyde-Savannah Central School District’s COVID-19 health and safety reopening plan establishes and explains the necessary policies, practices and conditions necessary to meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and New York State Education Department (NYSED) guidelines for COVID-19, the State’s “New York Forward” guidelines, along with federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards related to employee safeguards and potential exposure to COVID-19. As the health and safety of district staff is our top priority, the plan has a strong commitment to those measures. The reopening plan is divided into logical categories. Each category contains guidance, procedures, protocols and/or other measures which explain practices that need to be considered in order to maximize the health and safety of students and staff.
- Michael Hayden, Superintendent of Schools
- Susan Gray, Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations
- Karen Markoff, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Christopher Nicol, Director of Special Education/Pupil and Personnel Services
- Nora Haldeman, Director of Instructional Technology, Innovation and Chief Privacy Officer
- Dr. Craig Pawlak, Principal, High School
- Jennifer Kelly, Principal, Middle School
- Kathryn Lumb, Principal, Elementary School
- Larry Lang, Assistant Principal, Middle/High School – Director of Athletics, PE, Health
- Jennifer Kelsey, Assistant Principal, Elementary School
- Scott Converse, Director of Transportation
- Donna Riviello, Director of Food Service and Child Nutrition
- Amanda White, Food Service
- Jeff Mochan, Director of Facilities
- Jennifer Sullivan, BOE Member/Parent
- Laura Bliss, HS Counselor
- Emilie Bastian, HS English Teacher/Parent/CSFA Vice President
- Bethany Canham, ES Teacher
- Amy Steve, ES Teacher
- Kate Dowling, HS English Teacher
- Holly Drahms, MS Special Ed. Teacher/Parent/TOSA Administrative Intern
- Joe DeWolf, District Social Worker
- Tracey Ayers, ES Special Ed. Teacher
- Kerri Noger, ES Special Ed. Teacher
- Jill Robert, HS Special Ed. Teacher, President CSFA
- Erin Church, Director of 21st Century Programming and Community Schools
- MaryBeth Uetz, Assistant Director of Community Schools
- Kelly Smart, MS/HS Nurse, District Nurse Coordinator
- Wende Edwards, ES Nurse
- Heather Hosking, Nurse Workfit Medical (District Physician)
- Diane Devlin, Director, Wayne County Department of Health
- Joe Fantigrossi, Finger lakes Resilience Network
- Chery Despaw, Parent/Business Office Clerk
- Jerry Fremouw, Mayor-Village of Clyde/Bus Mechanic/Driver
Communications: Describes the channels the district will utilize to communicate with parents, students, faculty & staff regarding information on COVID-19 and related topics.
Operations: Explains health and safety protocols for COVID-19 testing, contact tracing workplace risk assessment, cleaning and disinfecting, and ventilation and HVAC. Provides procedures for buildings & grounds, transportation and food service.
Health & Safety Protocols: Describes safeguards for public health and safety- healthy hygiene practices, use of masks, symptom monitoring & screening, plans for when a stakeholder becomes sick, readmission, and protocols for social distancing.
Building Procedures: Explains building access, classroom layout, cafeteria, personal property rules, playgrounds, hall traffic, arrival and dismissal, and extracurricular procedures.
Academics: Describes instructional models, prioritizing standards, academic gaps and interventions, and considerations for supporting diverse learners. Based on guidance from the NYSED, the DOH, and the Governor, the district will determine the instructional model for the 2020- 2021 school year. All core and special area courses will follow the specifications of the determined model.
Social Emotional Supports: Describes the steps taken to create emotionally and physically safe, supportive and engaging learning environments that promote all students’ social and emotional development.
Athletics: Explains general considerations for health and safety precautions.